Our consultants are always available to discuss any queries you may have concerning the positions.
Up to £24,000 per annum + excellent benefits package
At INFRA Skills our mission is to improve the safety and competence of all individuals who will be working in the UK Infrastructure environment, delivering a range of training, apprenticeships, assessments and recertification courses that give candidates the knowledge and confidence to work in a highly safety critical environment, working to rigorous standards and understanding the responsibilities of their actions and behaviours.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and want people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are an award winning people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
What will I be doing?
You will be an outstanding administrator, who is able to work on your own initiative and provide highly organised and efficient administration support service to the Head of Training, Managers and Trainers within the INFRA Skills business. You will be responsible for maintaining administration processes and systems both internally and also externally for accreditation bodies. As a regular point of contact for clients booking courses and candidates you will be responsible for answering initial phone calls and therefore excellent communication skills and telephone manner is essential.
On a day to day basis your responsibilities will include:
- To manage the process for learners/candidates from enquiries to course completion, including checking that all required documentation is in place (eg photo ID, NI number, UK right to work).
- Raise purchase orders for additional equipment or resources required by Trainers. Identifying PPE requirements for funded candidates and raising of purchase orders as necessary.
- Arrange meetings with Trainers, and Compliance team, and also arrange and minute monthly standardisation meetings with the INFRA Skills team.
- Maintain accurate documentation (both electronically and hard copy) as required to meet criteria for compliance, audit assessments, internal verification, accreditation and funding bodies.
- Liaison with accrediting bodies and industry certification schemes i.e. Sentinel, CSCS etc.
- Set up client accounts where required with finance (prior to commencement of the course), ensuring that bookings are fully completed, purchase orders received and pre-payment made as and when required.
- Liaise with the Business Development Manager and Funding Managers, to ensure invoicing and reporting procedures are being followed.
- Arrange medical, drug & alcohol testing as and when required, ensuring all learners are available to attend and that the necessary facilities are available.
- Ensure all funding documentation is completed for funded candidates and that all necessary paperwork is complete, details are logged on the appropriate record and learners booked on the necessary training programmes following completion of a successful drug and alcohol test.
- Liaise with Business Development Manager to plan future cohorts and agree D&A and medical test dates.
- Work with the Business Development Manager to identify potential organisations/next steps for candidates and direct them accordingly. Where suitable refer to RSS Infrastructure Ltd, via the Compliance team, to complete the application paperwork.
- Manage training and assessment calendar and all associated admin tasks to ensure smooth running and compliant organisation.
What experience would we like you to have?
- Knowledge and experience of using MS Office products including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Previous experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- The ability to work confidentially and communicate face to face and over the telephone.
- Good written communication skills.
- Knowledge of office procedures and able to accurately record information with high levels of attention to detail. Able to work to right first-time principles and strict deadlines.
- Confidence in building and maintaining effective working relationships and draw on colleagues’ knowledge and experience to solve problems.
- An understanding that quality should not be compromised and have a desire for accuracy with all tasks completed
What can you expect from us?
INFRA Skills offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Employee perkbox giving access to a range of discounts and vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
Based from our modern training facility in Birmingham, INFRA Skills is a fully accredited with;
- NSAR - Network Rail competency assessments and training
- CITB - Construction & Civils, Health & Safety
- NPTC - Arboriculture
- ILM - Leadership & Management Level 3 & 5
- Highfield - Business Qualifications inc. Level 1,2 & 3 First Aid at Work
- City & Guilds - Rail Engineering Apprenticeships, Employability, Functional Skills.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, INFRA Skills do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV to email@example.com or apply online. We regret that we cannot respond to all applications personally. Please assume that if you have not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: Friday 7th December 2018