Our consultants are always available to discuss any queries you may have concerning the positions.
Circa £40,000 per annum + uncapped bonus + excellent benefits package
RSS INFRASTRUCTURE Limited (RSSI), has been recognised by Network Rail at the 2018 ‘Rail Partnership Awards’ for its work within the Rail and Construction industry, developing bespoke solutions for clients that deliver improved safety and productivity.
From its offices in Birmingham and Doncaster, RSS Infrastructure has over 70 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Overhead Line Electrification, Vegetation Management, Track Access, Civils/Construction solutions, Safety Critical Resource Services, Magnetic Safety Barrier Fencing, Magnetic Points Boards, Signalling Services as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems
What will I be doing?
As Business Development Manager, you will report directly to the Business Development Director and have responsibility for increasing sales through development of new and existing clients in your designated geographical area. You will cross sell services ensuring commercial and regulatory compliance whilst ensuring the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction is delivered. On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for :-
· Arranging and attending an agreed number of weekly and monthly sales meetings across the existing and prospective client base.
· Attending an agreed number of service visits across selected clients to ensure that service and delivery is appropriate and to anticipate increase in client demand.
· Creating and updating weekly and monthly opportunity pipeline through detailed conversations with project and operations teams.
· Regular liaison with company heads to facilitate external client meetings and ensure all Group services are visible to clients to aid cross-selling opportunities.
· Collaboration with group department heads to deliver the widest range of services available and achieve individual and group growth targets.
· Achieving as a minimum the objectives and KPI’s set by the business and line manager, conduct open and honest discussions with line manager at monthly 1-2-1 meetings on successes / improvements in the role.
· Supporting the setting of annual budgets for the office delivery and provide regular reports / statistics on team / office / contractor performance
· Taking reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others who may be affected by acts or omissions related to your work.
· Co-operating fully with the management of the Company with regard to any duty or requirement imposed on them by the relevant Health and Safety legislation, to allow the correct reporting chain immediately that you are aware of any occurrence.
What experience would we like you to have?
The successful candidate should possess a working knowledge of the UK Infrastructure sector to ensure a complete understanding of client requirements. You will have a proven track record in sales demonstrated through documented business growth. Applications are also welcome from candidates with previous account management experience in recruitment within the Infrastructure sector. You should be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the sales process from initial client contact through to client conversion, showing a clear understanding of the end-to-end order to invoice process.
RSS Infrastructure offer a range of benefits including:
· 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
· Contributory pension scheme
· BHSF healthcare cash plan
· Employee perkbox giving access to a range of discounts and vouchers
· Employee assistance programme
· Life Assurance
· Sick pay increasing with length of service
· Long service awards
· Continuing professional development
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading infrastructure services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, RSS Infrastructure do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV to email@example.com or apply online. We regret that we cannot respond to all applications personally. Please assume that if you have not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: Friday 14th December 2018