Our consultants are always available to discuss any queries you may have concerning the positions.
At INFRA Skills our mission is to improve the safety and competence of all individuals who will be working in the UK Infrastructure environment, delivering a range of training, apprenticeships, assessments and recertification courses that give candidates the knowledge and confidence to work in a highly safety critical environment, working to rigorous standards and understanding the responsibilities of their actions and behaviours.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and want people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are an award-winning people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
What will I be doing?
As a Drug & Alcohol Test Collector you will be required to provide a professional and efficient service of carrying out D&A tests and co-ordination of pre-employment and refresher medicals by trained occupational health care staff. The process needs to be carried out in line with strict chain of custody rules and processes and all documentation needs to be completed and stored securely. Testing may take place at any of the group locations across the country and on client sites when requested. On a day to day basis, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all appointment slots are booked and confirmation provided to the learner and/or learner.
- Ensuring relevant information is collated ahead of the test, ie the type of D&A (Pre-employment/Pre-sponsorship/Review/Random)
- Ensuring all booking forms are complete accurately.
- Ensuring the testing area is prepared and secure as per requirements.
- Ensuring the accurate completion of the Chain of Custody forms.
- Maintaining the master records with relevant information following tests, ie Names/dates/type of test/sentinel number/result etc.
- Carrying out the tests in line with Chain of Custody rules and procedures.
- Liaison with the Occupational Health Nurse conducting medicals to ensure the smooth flow of appointments for clients.
- Thoroughly checking laboratory results upon receipt for abnormalities/non-negative results/diluted.
- Ensure all D&A and medical results are uploaded to Sentinel.
- Print and store a copy of the medical/D&A certificates.
- Ensuring any D&A tests, which are returned (ie diluted sample) are re-booked if necessary.
- Referring workers and/or learners to OHP if required.
- Ordering and maintaining testing stock (Sample pots/chain of custody forms/printer paper etc.
- Confident in the use of telephone and meeting people at all levels on a face to face basis to be able to plan and coordinate site visits
What experience would we like you to have?
No specific qualifications are required for this role as training will be provided. The successful candidate should demonstrate the ability to meet the needs of the role through previous experience
Based from our modern training facility in Birmingham, INFRA Skills is a fully accredited with;
- NSAR - Network Rail competency assessments and training
- CITB - Construction & Civils, Health & Safety
- NPTC - Arboriculture
- ILM - Leadership & Management Level 3 & 5
- Highfield - Business Qualifications inc. Level 1,2 & 3 First Aid at Work
- City & Guilds - Rail Engineering Apprenticeships, Employability, Functional Skills.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, INFRA Skills do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online. We regret that we cannot respond to all applications personally. Please assume that if you have not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date that your application has been unsuccessful.