Our consultants are always available to discuss any queries you may have concerning the positions.
Auctus Management Group Ltd (AMG) is the parent company for RSS Infrastructure Ltd and INFRA Skills Ltd from our offices in Birmingham, Newport and Doncaster, AMG have over 100 directly employed staff members and a diverse contingent labour workforce that cover the majority of the UK. The company has developed a service portfolio that includes; Arboriculture, Construction & Civils, Magnetic Safety Solutions, Overhead Line Electrification, Resource & Recruitment, Signalling Services, Welding as well as being the UK’s sole provider of Track Warning Systems.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for providing a professional and collaborative approach to HSQE support within Auctus Management Group of companies. Liaison with the workforce, clients and customer will be a daily occurrence with the main aim to raise awareness and best practice in HSQE operationally and to work closely with the HSQE/Compliance Manager and Heads of Department to report back and suggest actions to address concerns. On a day to day basis your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the promotion and communication of policies and education of employees in regard to best practice, expectations, and the development of a positive culture.
- Assisting in the development and communication of procedures and safe systems of work.
- Providing support to staff at all levels, during the planning and execution of work activities, to satisfy the business and site - specific requirements.
- Carrying out risk-based audits and inspections of company premises and site activities against policies, procedures and applicable legislation, and making recommendations for improvement.
- Undertaking investigations as required, on any activity, matters of concern, significant policy breaches or breakdown in control, identifying corrective actions and making recommendations to avoid recurrence.
- Assisting in the review and testing of the business accident and emergency response procedures.
- Assisting in the analysis of trends in accidents, incidents and non-conformance data and report on the effectiveness of the management system and its processes. Making suitable recommendations to improve performance.
- Assisting in the development & delivery of internal training courses to satisfy the business’ HSQE awareness and competence needs.
- Publishing and communicating alerts, guidance, procedures, and work instructions related to the business.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the business objectives and targets to achieve continual improvement in performance.
- Representing the business at meetings with Clients and Trade Associations.
What experience would we like you to have?
In order to be selected for interview, all applications must demonstrate the holder possess’ a NEBOSH General Certificate, demonstrates knowledge of health, safety and environmental requirements set out in legislation & industry standards and has previous experience working within the construction and / or rail sector. In addition, a level 3 environmental qualification (IEMA), an Internal Auditor qualification, knowledge of quality management systems (ISO9001) and a recognised training qualification (PTLLS / C&G or IOSH) would be advantageous to the application, although these are not essential.
RSS Infrastructure offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (increasing with length of service)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Employee perkbox giving access to a range of discounts and vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
- Continuing professional development
Our mission is to ensure that we make our clients operate more safely and achieve more productivity when on site, whether delivering new projects, track renewal programmes or maintenance of the rail infrastructure. We are not just another infrastructure company, but a trusted company who understands the value of partnerships and long standing business relationships, continually looking to deliver outstanding performance and customer service, and we remain as one of the market leading rail services groups within the UK.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and need people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are a people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, Auctus Management Group do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
Salary negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online. We regret that we cannot respond to all applications personally. Please assume that if you have not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: Friday 12th December 2019