Our consultants are always available to discuss any queries you may have concerning the positions.
Circa £300.00 per day (required for 1-2 days per week)
At INFRA Skills our mission is to improve the safety and competence of all individuals who will be working in the UK Infrastructure environment, delivering a range of training, apprenticeships, assessments and recertification courses that give candidates the knowledge and confidence to work in a highly safety critical environment, working to rigorous standards and understanding the responsibilities of their actions and behaviours.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and want people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are an award winning people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
What will I be doing?
Your work as an Occupational Health Nurse will involve completing regulatory occupational health checks on our workforce and potential new recruits. This will involve but is not limited to:
- Completing and documenting scheduled and random drugs & alcohol tests
- Completing occupational health medicals to RSS and NWR standards to ensure that workers meet the minimum health requirements to work safely.
- Documenting all employee injuries and illnesses within the workplace
- Serving as a gatekeeper for healthcare services and making referrals where necessary.
- Monitoring the health status of workers.
- Overseeing regular health surveillance of workers to ensure the early identification of ill health and identification of any corrective actions required.
- Completion of return to work assessments as and when required.
- Completion of DSE assessments as and when required.
What experience would we like you to have?
The successful candidate should be a qualified registered nurse (RN) with graduate level qualifications in Occupational Health Nursing (OHN).
This role can be available on an employed or self-employed basis.
On an employed basis Infraskills offer a range of benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (pro rata) (increasing with length of service)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Employee Perkbox giving access to a range of discounts and vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
- Continuing professional development
Based from our modern training facility in Birmingham, INFRA Skills is a fully accredited with;
- NSAR - Network Rail competency assessments and training
- CITB - Construction & Civils, Health & Safety
- NPTC - Arboriculture
- ILM - Leadership & Management Level 3 & 5
- Highfield - Business Qualifications inc. Level 1,2 & 3 First Aid at Work
- City & Guilds - Rail Engineering Apprenticeships, Employability, Functional Skills.
As an equal opportunity’s employer, INFRA Skills do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.