Our consultants are always available to discuss any queries you may have concerning the positions.
At INFRA Skills our mission is to improve the safety and competence of all individuals who will be working in the UK Infrastructure environment, delivering a range of training, apprenticeships, assessments and recertification courses that give candidates the knowledge and confidence to work in a highly safety critical environment, working to rigorous standards and understanding the responsibilities of their actions and behaviours.
We believe in the value and contribution of individuals, respecting the diverse make up of our organisation and want people who want to make a difference to our clients and to the growth of the Group. Our teams are committed, supporting each other to meet the demands of an industry sector which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, 365 days of the year. Working together to either plan, resource or deliver a range of services in to a highly demanding industry sector, that can be very reactive, challenging your skills to adapt quickly to new situations. A strong worth ethic and a ‘Can Do’ attitude is the foundation of our business, we want people who can drive success and have a right first time, every time approach to their work life, without cutting corners and who understand the essence of safety and customer service. We are an award-winning people orientated business, nurturing, and investing in our staff and teams to become the best at what they do, creating managers and leaders of the future.
What will I be doing?
As an apprentice Administrator, you will be required to undertake a level 3 apprenticeship in Business Administration in order to develop to provide an outstanding administration support service to the INFRA Skills business. You will be responsible for following administration processes and using IT systems, both internally and also externally for accreditation bodies. The role holder will be responsible for answering initial phone calls to the INFRA Skills office. On a day to day basis, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the admin process for learners/candidates from enquiries to course completion.
- Supporting the Training Co-ordinator to ensure purchase orders are raised in line with company process. Identifying PPE requirements for funded candidates and raising purchase orders as necessary.
- Arranging meetings with Trainers, and the Compliance team, and also arranging monthly meetings for the INFRA Skills team.
- Maintaining accurate documentation (both electronically and hard copy) as required to meet criteria for compliance, audit assessments, accreditation and funding.
- Liaison with Finance to set up client accounts where required (prior to commencement of the course).
- Supporting administration processes when arranging drug & alcohol testing, as and when required, ensuring all learners are available to attend and that the necessary facilities are available.
- Supporting the team to ensure all funding documentation is completed for funded candidates. Also ensuring that all necessary paperwork is completed, details are logged on the appropriate record and learners booked on the necessary training programmes following completion of a successful drug and alcohol test.
- Where required, attending training and development courses as directed by the company.
- Where directed completing tasks as required by the business to ensure compliance, safety or business continuity.
What experience would we like you to have?
No previous administration or office-based experience is required for this role as full training will be provided via a level 3 apprenticeship in Business Administration.
INFRA Skills offer a range of employment benefits including:
- 20 days paid annual leave + 8 bank holidays (pro rata) (increasing with length of service)
- Contributory pension scheme
- BHSF healthcare cash plan
- Employee Perkbox giving access to a range of discounts and vouchers
- Employee assistance programme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay increasing with length of service
- Long service awards
- Continuing professional development
Based from our modern training facility in Birmingham, INFRA Skills is a fully accredited with;
- NSAR - Network Rail competency assessments and training
- CITB - Construction & Civils, Health & Safety
- NPTC - Arboriculture
- ILM - Leadership & Management Level 3 & 5
- Highfield - Business Qualifications inc. Level 1,2 & 3 First Aid at Work
- City & Guilds - Rail Engineering Apprenticeships, Employability, Functional Skills.
As an equal opportunities employer, INFRA Skills do not discriminate on grounds of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
The company also actively encourages both reservists and veterans of the Armed Forces to apply for positions. For more information on how we support ex-military personnel please visit our website.
How to apply
To apply, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online. We regret that we cannot respond to all applications personally. Please assume that if you have not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date that your application has been unsuccessful.